How To Play Rummy – Rummy is a card game that’s played with two balconies of cards with aggregate of two jokesters. To win the rummy game a player must make a valid protestation by picking and discarding cards from the two piles given. One pile is a unrestricted sundeck, where a player is unfit to see the card that he’s picking, while the other is an open sundeck that’s formed by the cards discarded by the players. To win at alcoholic card game, the players have to group cards in valid sequences and sets.
How To Play Rummy Game?
Follow this simple rummy rules and instructions to know how to play the game:
- Rummy card game is played between 2 to 6 players with 2 balconies of cards. Each player is dealt with 13 cards and a arbitrary card is named as wild joker or joker card of the game.
- The player has to draw and discard cards to form valid sets and sequences of the 13 cards in hand where player can also use wild joker or published joker of the sundeck to make impure sequence and sets.
- As per indian alcoholic rules, once a player arranged 13 cards in valid 2 sequences including 1 pure sequence and further groups( sequences or sets), one can make a protestation and win the game.
How to Form Sequences?
In rummy, a sequence is a group of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit. There are two types of sequences that are formed; a pure sequence and an impure sequence. To win the game of rummy you need at least one pure sequence in your rummy hand.
A pure sequence is a group of three or more cards of the same suit, placed in consecutive order. To form a pure sequence in rummy card game, a player cannot use any Joker or wild card.
Here are a few examples of pure sequence.
- 5♥ 6♥ 7♥ (Pure sequence with three cards and there is no Joker or wild card used)
- 3♠ 4♠ 5♠ 6♠ (Pure sequence with four cards. There is no use of Joker or wild cards here.)
An impure sequence is a group of three or more cards of the same suit with one or more Joker card used.
Here are some examples to show how an impure sequence is formed.
- 6♦ 7♦ Q♠ 9♦ (Here Q♠ has been used as a wild Joker replacing 8♦ to form an impure sequence.)
- 5♠ Q♥ 7♠ 8♠ PJ (Impure sequence with Q♥ as wild joker that is replacing 6♠ and the Printed Joker is replacing 9♠.)
How to Form Sets?
A set is a group of three or more cards of the same value but of different suits. When you are forming sets, you can use wild card and Jokers.
Examples of sets
- A♥ A♣ A♦ (In this set, all the Ace are of different suits, make a valid set.)
- 8♦ 8♣ 8♠ 8♥ (Rummy set is formed with four 8 cards of different suits.)
- 9♦ Q♠ 9♠ 9♥ (Here Q♠ has been used as wild joker replacing 9♣ to make set.)
- 5♦ 5♣ 5♠ PJ (Printed joker replacing 5♥ to make set.)
- 5♦ 5♣ Q♠ PJ (Here Q♠ has been used as wild joker replacing 5♠ & Printed joker replacing 5♥ to make set.)
- 5♦ 5♣ PJ Q♥ Q♠ (This is a set of 5 cards with Printed joker & Q♥ as wild joker replacing 5♠ 5♥ and one more wild joker Q♠ to complete 13 cards grouping.)
Typical Example: 2♥ 3♥ 4♥ 5♥| 5♣ 6♣ 7♣ 8♣ | 5♦ 5♣ PJ Q♥ Q♠ (Set of 5 cards is made to complete the grouping of 13 cards and make a valid declaration)